Aux Arc Wilderness Cabins
3931 Zack Road, Marshall, AR (870) 448-4815
Elton Britt Memorial Fest Contestant Rules
(ALL CONTEST PARTICIPANTS, PLEASE BE AT THE EVENT AND REGISTERED WITH THE JUDGES NO LATER THAN 10:30AM ON OCTOBER 5TH, 2019. PARTICIPANTS SHOWING UP AFTER 10:30AM MAY BE BARRED FROM PARTICIPATING, UNLESS PRIOR ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE.)
1. The talent show is open to participants of any age; however, performers who are under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign consent for their child to participate in the contest.
2. All applicants must fill out, sign and mail back a completed Enrollment Form prior to the date of the competition (Oct. 5th, 2019). Performers/groups who fail to present their signed enrollment forms prior to the date of the competition may be barred from participating, at the event organizers’ discretion. The mailing address is:
AuxArc Wilderness Talent Contest
3931 Zack Rd.
Marshall, AR 72650
The link to download the application is located at the bottom of this page.
3. Each member of a group needs to fill out their own Enrollment form, but the forms need to be submitted together.
4. There will only be 3-5 minutes breaks between performers. There will not be time for setting up and taking down props. Therefore, acts must be completed without stage props. (Simple costumes and accoutrements, such as a hat, a cane or a musical instrument are acceptable.)
5. The time limits and structure for each category of acts are as follows:
a. Fiddle: Each Fiddler will have 8-10 minutes to play 2 songs, one of which must be easily recognized by a general audience (i.e., “Foggy Mountain Breakdown”, “Devil Went Down to Georgia”, etc.)
b. Clogging: Each group will have 8-10 minutes to perform their routine. Keep in mind, the stage for this venue will be a 32’x32’ wooden platform.
c. Yodelling: Each performer will have 5-8 minutes to perform their choice of one or two songs.
6. Objectionable, obscene or inappropriate content will not be allowed. Acts that violate this rule will be disqualified at the judges’ discretion.
7. A PA System will be provided. Acts that require pre-recorded musical accompaniment must present a CD of the song prior to the contest beginning (PLEASE HAVE ALL MUSIC PRESENTED TO THE JUDGES BY 10:30AM). The CD must display the performer(s) name and which track to play.
8. There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prize for each category. The prize totals are (1st) $500, (2nd) $250 and (3rd) $100.
9. The judges’ determination on all contests are final.
10. Employees and immediate family members of Aux Arc Wilderness, the judges and event organizers will not be eligible to participate in the contest.
11. Additional Rules and Details may be posted on this page of our website (www.AuxArcWilderness.com). Participation in the contest implies that all contestants agree to all the rules and conditions posted and updated on the website prior to the date of the competition.